Who Was Confucius
Confucius is considered one of the greatest and wisest leaders in Chinese history, but he died believing he had not made a difference. Born in 551 B.C., Confucius became a teacher and a famous philosopher in China. The Chou dynasty had ruled China for over 500 years, but during Confucius’ youth, new leaders took over China. People threw out old ideas about kindness and tradition. Confucius was worried about his country.
He began speaking out. He believed in treating others with love and respect. He thought that how much money you had did not matter. He thought all people deserved to be educated. The poor people loved Confucius, but many of the leaders did not like him. He spoke against them because they were corrupt and treated the peasants badly. Some of the leaders tried to hurt him; most simply ignored him. Confucius thought he had failed, but people have followed Confucius’ teachings for more than 2,000 years.
Fun Facts About Confucius For Kids
- Confucius taught about the importance of “ren,” or loving others. He taught people to treat each other as they would like to be treated. Does that sound familiar?
- He taught that parents should love their children and children should love their parents.
- He believed that all people can succeed if they work hard and develop character.
- Confucius believed that education was the secret to changing people.
- He believed that leaders should be self disciplined and humble. They should lead with kindness.
Who Was Confucius Vocabulary
- Wise: thoughtful, experienced
- Philosopher: someone who thinks deeply about life
- Tradition: old customs and beliefs
- Corrupt: dishonest
- Peasant: poor people
All About Who Was Confucius Video For Kids
Check out this cool video about who was Confucius for kids:
Who Was Confucius Q&A
Question: What was the real name of Confucius?
Answer: Confucius is a Latin name. The man’s real name was Kong Qui.
Enjoyed the Easy Geography for Kids all about Who Was Confucius info? Take the FREE & fun all about Who Was Confucius quiz and download FREE all about Who Was Confucius worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Confucius Fun Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2020. Web. 04 Dec 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-who-was-confucius/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Confucius Fun Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-who-was-confucius/
We've recently added
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
Sponsored Links :