Animal Adaptations for Kids – Video for Kids
This planet is full of different animals. They can be easily found anywhere. They are easily adapted to conditions of their living area. With this, their body helps them to survive in that particular place. They develop their body parts in such way that living and finding food becomes easier for them even in odd conditions. These changes in their bodies are called physical adaptation. Each and every adaptation takes time. It might take some years or more than one generation. That change may be in size or shape of the animal or in their behaviour. With the climate changes, animal who cannot adapt, will not survive. And the ones, who have survived, will produce babies. It will be quite easier for those babies to adapt the changes.
Most of the time, these adaptations are caused by fear of predators, food requirements, difficulties in living and some other reasons. Some examples of these adaptations are given below: –
- Migration: – Animal who live in extreme cold or extreme hot places, when they fail to survive in odd environmental conditions. They migrate from that place to some more suitable place.
- Camouflage: – Some animals have ability that they can change their colour to match their background. This way is used to hide from predators or to seem less interesting to them.
- Hibernation: – If harsh environmental conditions make the survival difficult then some animals go in hibernation mode. It is a way to save energy.
- Resource conservation: – Camels are the best example of this type of adaptation. They are found in deserts, an area with lack of water. Camels are known to store water in their hump for later uses.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts about animal adaptations ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 08 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/animal-adaptations-for-kids-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun facts about animal adaptations. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/animal-adaptations-for-kids-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- Iodine Clock Reaction
- Make Homemade Fizzy Lemonade
- Make Rock Candy
- Ocean Acidification Experiment
- How To Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- How To Make Floating Paper Clips
- Animal Blubber Simulation
- How To Make an Edible Water Bottle!
- Hourglass Dolphin
- Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
- Hector’s Dolphin
- Dusky Dolphin
Sponsored Links :