Biology for Kids – Video for Kids
Biology for Kids
Biology can be defined as the science of life and living things and their evolution. A person who studies biology is called biologist. This study includes behaviour of animals and other organisms and their interaction with the environment. It is a very much fascinating subject. A biologist answers different questions about living organisms like their characteristics, growth, classification and relation to environment. A specific method is used for this similar to all other sciences. There are so many different branches of biology like: – Anatomy, Botany, Cytology, Zoology etc.
Quick facts: –
- Scientists believe that there are more than 10 million different kinds of life forms on earth.
- The largest organ in our body is our skin.
- If a cell becomes damaged of gets infected then it will self-destruct.
- German biologist Ferdinand Cohn is credited with introducing the term ‘bacteria’.
- DNA contains the information that makes the living organisms work.
- Viruses are not classified in any of the five kingdoms of living things: – fungi, bacteria, plants, protists, animals.
- Marine biologists have accounted for 1.5 million unique marine creatures and they believe that there are many more.
- Not all the bacteria are harmful. Some of them are important for us.
- Approximately 95% of the cells in human body are bacteria and found in the digestive system.
- Most viruses are so small that they cannot be seen without using an optical microscope.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Biology for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2019. Web. 26 Mar 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/biology-for-kids-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts about Biology for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/biology-for-kids-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :