Living and Non-living Things
In this video you will learn about living and non-living things with Cookie Monster. We are surrounded by both of them. Living and Non-living things can be differentiated as- Living things have basic requirements such as air, food and water etc. but non-living things do not require them. All plants and animals are living things. Sand, glass, wood are examples of non-living things.
There are 7 characteristics of living things: –
- Bodily Excretion
- Responding to changes
A living thing needs to show all these 7 characteristics.
Non-living things cannot move by themselves. They do not respond to changes. There are two types of Non-living thing: –
- Things that were alive once but not now: – Coal is an example.
- Things that were never alive: – Stone and Gold are examples.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- Water is a non-living thing.
- Living things have a definite lifecycle but non-living things do not.
- Living things are made up of cells.
- Non-living things do not undergo homeostasis.