Water Facts Video for Kids
Water is the most essential thing for humans in our everyday routine like: – cooking, bathing, drinking etc. Water is made up of two elements, hydrogen and oxygen. Chemical formula of water is H2O. Water is the only compound on the earth which can be found in all the three states Solid, Liquid and Gas. Solid state is known as ice and gas state is known as vapour.
Quick Facts: –
- Almost 71% of earth’s surface is covered by water.
- In the simplest form, water can be defined as a transparent liquid that does not have any colour, smell or taste.
- There are two different types of water, Saltwater and Fresh water. 97% of the earth’s water is salt water and remaining 3% is fresh water.
- Almost 67% of fresh water on the earth is trapped in glaciers and cannot be used.
- Approximately 60%of human body is made up of water.
- There are total five oceans on the earth: – Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and Southern or Antarctic Ocean.
- Pacific Ocean is the largest one.
- Water cycle can be defined as the movement of water around the earth. Five steps are included in the cycle: – Evaporation, Condensation, Precipitation, Infiltration and Surface runoff.
- When water sources like seas, river, oceans etc. get contaminated, it is known as water pollution.
- An adult human requires approximately 2.1 litres of water each day.
- A human can live 20 days without food but cannot live more than 7 days without water.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Water ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 04 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/water-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Water. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/water-facts-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :