Earth Facts Video for Kids
Our planet earth is the largest of all the terrestrial planets and the only planet in our solar system which is not named after Greek or Roman gods. The word earth came from an Anglo-Saxon word Erda that means ground or soil. It was formed about 4.5 billion years ago. It is the third planet from the sun. Once it was believed to be the centre of the universe. It is the only planet which is known to support life.
Quick Facts: –
- This planet is an oblate spheroid that is made up of Iron, Oxygen and Silicon.
- Around 70% of our planet‘s surface is covered with water.
- Our planet has a strong magnetic field that is created by its molten iron core.
- It is the only planet with plate tectonics and liquid water on the surface. These tectonic plates are responsible for everything like earthquake, mountain formation etc.
- Our planet’s atmosphere contains 21% of oxygen.
- It is the only planet to support life.
- Talc is the softest known mineral of the earth that is used for many purposes.
- The planet has one large satellite, moon.
- Some changes occur in the gravitational force across the earth’s surface.
- The unexplored ocean of our planet contains more than 20 million tons of gold.
- Our atmosphere is made up of five layers.
- The earth takes 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4 seconds to rotate on its axis.
- It is the densest planet of the entire solar system.
- Our planet has seasons because it tilts slightly while orbiting around the sun.
- The distance between earth and the Sun is around 93 million miles.
- Mount Chimborazo is the furthest away from the center of our planet.
- The earth seen from moon also goes through phases.
- Antarctica is the coldest and driest continent on the planet.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Earth ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2020. Web. 23 Sep 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/earth-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Earth. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/earth-facts-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :