Electric Fence Science Facts for Kids Video
Watch this selected and very easy to comprehend Electric Fence Science video:
Electric Fence Facts
Electric fence is a relatively low cost option for controlling animals and protecting your livestock. It has been being used for more than hundred years. It was introduced as a replacement of barbed wire in fencing as that could be dangerous to animals sometimes. Electric fences were first created by inventor William Gallagher. Cattle and horses are often kept in by using this type of fencing. Although an electric fence cannot be life threatening but is misapplied, they can also pose a hazard sometimes.
Quick Facts: –
- The signals that operate the fencing can interrupt internet signals, television reception and radio stations.
- Always make sure that you are using an UL approved charger box or energizer as they are certified safe for both animals and humans.
- Do not keep the fence posts too close. At minimum, the spacing should be more than 50 feet.
- To maintain the rubber band effect, wires should not be tied tight to the fence posts.
- More than one energizer should not be connected to the same fence.
- Never use different types of metals as it can cause electrolysis to happen and the metal becomes corroded. It results in weakening of shocks.
- To achieve adequate animal control the lowest output energizer setting or model should be selected.
- Check the fence voltage regularly with a voltmeter and ensure it is between 5,000 and 9,000.
- The use of electric fence is also popular between homeowners who want their perimeter to be clean or want their pets to be safely kept in.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Electric Fence ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2020. Web. 24 Nov 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/electric-fence-science-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Electric Fence. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/electric-fence-science-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cells Worksheet
- Buffalo – not just a sauce
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- FAMOUS AMERICAN INVENTORS (top ten and their inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
Sponsored Links :