Apple was founded in the 1970’s by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne when they built their first computer Apple I in 1976. The production initially started in the garage of Steve Jobs’ dad. Wayne sold his share in the company for $500 after 12 days of founding the company.
Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak worked together on the Atari arcade game ‘Breakout’. They also attended the Homebrew Computer Club together. With Steve Jobs’ vision and Steve Wozniak’s engineering capabilities, their company became almost instantly successful in the world of computers.
Quick Facts: –
- Apple II was released in 1979. It was a much better machine than Apple I.
- An initial public offering of 4.6 million shares at $22 per share was conducted by the company in December 1980.
- On January 22, 1984, Macintosh computer was introduced with its iconic super bowl ad.
- Steve Jobs left the company in 1985 and started a new venture, NeXT Software. Tim Cook took his place.
- After 11 years, in December 1996, the company bought NeXT Software. In the following year, Job joined as interim CEO.
- 39% of Apple’s overall revenue is generated by iPhones.
- The largest retail store of Apple is on Regent Street in London with an area of 25,000 square feet.
- The company also made a game console called Pippin and launched it in 1995 but it was not very successful.
- Initially, Apple I did not have a keyboard or a screen. It was just an assembled circuit board.
- Apple today is reportedly worth a whopping $1 trillion. Today the most popular Apple products on the market are: Apple Watch, iPad, MacBooks, iPhones and Apple TV.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Apple History ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2020. Web. 29 Mar 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/apple-history/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Apple History. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/apple-history/
Sponsored Links :