Bacteria Growth Video for Kids
Bacteria are tiny, single-celled microscopic creatures that present almost everywhere, even in the human body. They are the simplest of all known life forms. They are not visible to the naked human eye. There are more than 1,000 species of these microbes. All the bacteria in human body collectively weigh around 4 pounds. They can be found in different shapes and size like the ball shaped, rod-shaped and spiral shaped. The term bacterial growth means growth of a group of bacteria not only a single cell. The growth depends on various factors like – moisture, pH, and temperature etc.
Fast Facts: –
- The human body has 10 times more bacteria cells than human cells.
- Most of the microbes are harmless and some of them are even helpful in normal body functions.
- A special type of microbe called Actinomycetes is responsible for the smell of rain.
- Most antibiotics are made from bacteria.
- Gonorrhea bacteria are known as the strongest living organism on the planet as they have the capability to pull 100,000 times of their own body weight.
- Bacteria can live in some of the harshest possible conditions that we can even imagine.
- Microbes that enter our body and do not belong there invade cells and release poison. This poison causes illness.
- Some supplements like Zinc and Vitamin C support the immune system and help to fight the infection.
- These microbes were around before dinosaurs. They also left fossils like dinosaurs.
- Scientists claim to have found bacteria more than 3.5 billion years ago.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Bacteria Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2019. Web. 22 Aug 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/bacteria-growth-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Bacteria Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/bacteria-growth-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :