Best Ankylosaurus Video for Kids
This video is about the armored dinosaur Ankylosaurus.
The name Ankylosaurus is a Greek word which means ‘Fused Lizard’. They were named by Barnum Brown. Ankylosaurus was a big dinosaur that had huge body armour plates for protection from attackers. According to estimates, it reached up to 30 feet in length and weighed about 5000 kg.
Quick Facts: –
- They were plant eaters and had very small teeth relative to their body size. They had no grinding teeth.
- Ankylosaurus was a slow moving creature.
- They had a muscular tongue.
- Their fossils have been found in the western USA and Canada.
- Ankylosaurus had a strong clubbed tail which was useful in its defence. Its tail may have been used in attracting mates.
- They belonged to a group of armoured dinosaurs. A few from that group even had armoured eyelids.
- It lived during the late Cretaceous Period.
- They had two rows of spikes along their body.
- In the neck region of its body, Ankylosaurus had the biggest cluster of armours.
- Ankylosaurus was a quadruped. It moved on four limbs.
- They had five toes on each foot.
- They lived upland, in a near-tropical climate which was not near to the rivers.
- Ankylosaurus had a skin which was covered with Osteoderms.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun ankylosaurus facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2019. Web. 16 Sep 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-ankylosaurus-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun ankylosaurus facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-ankylosaurus-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :