Pulleys and Simple Machines Facts for Kids Video
Pulley and Simple Machines
A machine can be defined as something that makes it easier for us to complete our tasks like moving an object from one place to another.
Types of Simple machines: – There are basically 6 simple machines. They are related to each other but each has their own specific purposes.
- Wheel and Axle
- Inclined Plane
What is Pulley?
A Pulley is somewhat similar to the wheel and Axle but it is combined with a rope, belt, chain etc. The setup consists of a grooved wheel that turns freely in a frame called block and a rope runs through it. It is mainly used to lower, raise or move a load. There are various uses of this type of simple machines like moving a flag up the pole, window blinds, or drapery etc. A pulley can be combined with other pulleys if a huge amount of pressure is required to pull, push or move.
Different types of Pulleys: – There are two different types of pulleys.
- Fixed Pulley: – It consists of a wheel fixed to a shaft. It is used to transfer energy to another fixed pulley.
- Moving Pulley: – It consists of a moving wheel and a rope. They are also known as block and tackle.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Pulleys and Simple Machine ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 21 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/pulleys-and-simple-machines-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Fun Facts about Pulleys and Simple Machine. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/pulleys-and-simple-machines-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Microbiology Worksheet
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
Sponsored Links :