Best Aristotle Biography Video for Kids
Aristotle was a Greek philosopher but he was good at doing a lot of different things. His name Aristotle means ‘the best purpose’. He was born in 384 BC in Stageira, Greece. Now it is the part of Northern Greece. He married Pythias, a Greek biologist who was an adoptive daughter of Hermias. Then they had a daughter which was named as Pythias.
Fun Facts: –
- He taught Cassander and Ptolemy. Later Cassander became the king of Macedonia and Ptolemy became the king of Egypt.
- He wrote on many subjects like: – logic, music, poetry, politics etc.
- His observations were not 100% accurate.
- At the age of 20, he moved to Athens to be educated at Plato’s Academy.
- After Pythias’ death, Aristotle married the Herpyllis of Stagira who was a former slave of Pythias. They together had a son, Nicomachus who died as a lad in a battle.
- In 338, he started teaching Alexander the Great.
- His parents died when he was young.
- In 343, he became director of the Royal Academy of Macedonia.
- Aristotle wrote some of his writing works like: – the Natural History of Animals, the Reproduction of Animals and the Parts of Animals.
- His father was the personal physician to King Amyntas III of Macedon.
- After death of his parents, his sister Arimneste‘s husband, Proxenus became his guardian.
- He lived in Athens for most of his life.
- Aristotle was given a nickname, ‘the Mind’ by his teacher Plato.
- He died in 322 BC in Chalcis.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Aristotle Biography ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 06 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-aristotle-biography-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Aristotle Biography. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-aristotle-biography-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :