Best Stegosaurus Video for Kids
Stegosaurus belongs to a dinosaur family named as Stegosauria. The word ‘Stegosaurus’ has been derived from the Greek words ‘Stegos’ which means roof and ‘Sauros’ means lizard. they lived in the late Jurassic Period, about 150 million years ago.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- Their fossils have been found in western North America.
- The Stegosaurus was large and heavily built. It could reach up to 30 feet in length and can weigh up to 5 metric tons.
- Stegosaurus is the state dinosaur of Colorado.
- They had a relatively small brain.
- Professor Othniel Marsh was the first one to find fossils of Stegosaurus in 1877.
- It is a myth that Stegosaurus had a second brain above its butt.
- They had small head with a pointed skull.
- Stegosaurus had two rows of 17 bony plates on the back. It also had 2 pairs of long spikes on the tail. These plates were used to keep the predators off its neck.
- Their spiky tail is known as Thagomizer.
- They were quadrupedal or not.
- Stegosaurus armatus was the largest species of this particular family.
- They were plant eaters and had smooth and flat teeth.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Stegosaurus Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 07 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-stegosaurus-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Stegosaurus Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-stegosaurus-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :