Best Brontosaurus Video for Kids
This video reveals a lot of interesting facts about Brontosaurus:
Brontosaurus is also known as Apatosaurus. Brontosaurus means ‘Thunder Lizard’. They lived in the Jurassic period, around 150 million years ago. In 1877, Othniel Charles Marsh, a palaeontologist has discovered a set of bones of the giant dinosaur. Brontosaurus is one of the largest animals that ever lived on the earth.
Quick facts: –
- They reached about 75 feet in length and weighed more than 50,000 pounds.
- An Apatosaurus can reach its full size in just 10 years.
- They had long whip like tails which were used to balance the weight of their long neck.
- Apatosaurus were plant eaters.
- They walked on four legs. They were slow moving creatures because of their weight.
- Apatosaurus had small heads and very small brains relative to their body size.
- Their fossils have been found in Western North America in Wyoming, Oklahoma, Utah, and Colorado etc.
- They had nostrils on the top of their head.
- Apatosaurus primarily fed on low lying plants because it was difficult for them to reach high plants due to little neck flexibility.
- They hatched from around 1 foot long eggs.
- Apatosaurus did not chew its food. It had gastroliths in its stomach that were used to digest the food.
- Their hind limbs were larger than their forelimbs.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Brontosaurus facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 16 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-brontosaurus-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Brontosaurus facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-brontosaurus-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :