Best Dinosaur Cartoon Video for Kids
Best Dinosaur Facts
Dinosaur lived on earth during a period of time known as the Mesozoic Era. Currently there are more than 330 described different species and the number is still growing. Eoraptor was the oldest known dinosaur which lived 228 million years ago. These creatures have been classified as reptiles. They are further divided into two different categories on the basis of the shape of their hip bones. Bird-hipped dinosaurs were Ornithischian and lizard-hipped were Saurischian. Many people believe that mass extinction took place when an asteroid hit the earth. This strike caused the climate to change drastically.
Quick Facts: –
- British paleontologist Richard Owen was the first one to coin the term Dinosaur in 1842.
- It is estimated that there were over 1,000 different species of non-avian dinosaurs and over 500 distinct genera.
- These creatures lived on each and every continent including Antarctica.
- Dinosaurs which existed during the Triassic Period were small and light weighted and the ones during the Jurassic and Cretaceous Period were bigger in size.
- The bones of meat-eating dinosaurs were huge and filled with air.
- Argentinosaurus was the biggest plant eater dinosaur. It measured about 98 feet in length.
- Herbivorous dinosaurs are known as Sauropods and Carnivorous dinosaurs are known as Theropods.
- Contrary to the popular belief, all dinosaurs didn’t go extinct at the same time.
- Modern birds have some skeletal features that are almost identical to some non-avian dinosaurs.
- The discovery of dinosaur eggs and nests provided evidence for the behavior of some dinosaurs.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Best Dinosaur Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 10 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-dinosaur-cartoon-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Best Dinosaur Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-dinosaur-cartoon-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :