Best Dog Facts for Kids Video
A dog can prove to be a man’s best friend in every term, when it comes to work reliably or be a loyal companion. There are about 160 known breeds of dogs. They are divided into 8 classes, hound, sporting, non-sporting, toy, herding, working and miscellaneous. Puppies can be adopted as early as they are 8 weeks old. They should stay with their mother till this age.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- Most of the people believe that dogs sweat by salivation but it is not right. They sweat through the pads in their feet. They have sweat glands only in those pads.
- A dog has about 1,700 taste buds on its tongue.
- A puppy has about 28 teeth and an adult dog has 42 teeth.
- Like humans, dogs also dream in their sleep.
- The theory is not right that dogs see only two colours black and white. In actual they can see some other colours as well like: – grey, blue and yellow.
- At the time of birth, a puppy is deaf, blind and toothless.
- An average dog can understand up to 250 words and gestures. A dog is as intelligent as a 2-year old child. This could be the reason why they both get along so well.
- A dog’s nose remains wet all the time because this wetness helps them to determine the direction of a smell.
- Dogs have 10 times more accurate hearing sense than a person.
- Dogs can see in the dark by using their whiskers.
- They prefer to poop in alignment with the earth’s magnetic field.
- The only breed of dog that cannot bark is the basenji.
- Dogs normally curl up while sleeping to keep themselves warm and to protect vital organs.
- Similar to human fingerprints, a dog has unique nose prints.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Dog Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 23 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-dog-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Dog Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-dog-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :