Best Facts About Pigs Video for Kids
All about Pigs
Although, they have an image of dirty animal but in actual, they are quite clean. They roll off in the mud just to cool themselves off. If we will keep them in a cool environment, they will stay very clean. They are very curious and intelligent animals. They can be easily found all over the world.
Fast facts: –
- Like humans, they are omnivores, means pigs eat plants and meat both.
- Their snouts help them to find food and increase their sense of smell.
- They are also known as hogs.
- Male pigs are called boars and females are called sows.
- They provide valuable products to humans, including pork, leather, glue and a variety of medicines.
- They hardly have any sweat glands.
- They have 44 teeth.
- One more misconception is, pigs are lazy but they are not. They can run one mile in 7 minutes.
- A fully grown pig can weigh up to 150 kilograms.
- They have poor eyesight.
- They are extremely social animals. They use different types of loud vocal expressions to communicate with each other.
- They usually nurse their piglets for 3 to 5 weeks.
- Chinese people consider pig as a symbol of fortune and happiness. It is also known as a symbol of virility.
- Mother pigs sing to their young.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun pig facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 13 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-facts-about-pigs-video-for-kids-3/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun pig facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-facts-about-pigs-video-for-kids-3/
Sponsored Links :