Best Facts About the Earth Video for Kids
Facts about the Earth
Earth is the only planet in the entire solar system with plate tectonics. The outer crust of the planet is broken up into regions that are floating on the top of the magma interior. It was formed about 4.6 billion years ago. Contrary to popular belief, the earth is a flattened sphere. Due to the rotation of our planet, the poles are flattened and the equator bulges. Almost 70% of the earth’s surface is covered in water. This is the reason why the planet acquired the nickname ‘blue planet’. It is also the only planet that has liquid water on its surface.
Fun Facts: –
- Earth is the only planet with an atmosphere that contains almost 21 percent oxygen.
- It is one of the four inner planets or terrestrial planets. Three other terrestrial planets are Mars, Venus, and Mercury.
- Most parts of the surface of the planet cannot be seen because of clouds of water vapor when viewed from the outer space.
- The distance between earth and the Sun is 93 million miles.
- It is the densest planet in the entire solar system.
- The atmosphere of the planet is divided into 5 sections from the surface that are troposphere, the ozone layer, the stratosphere, mesosphere, and thermosphere.
- Earth has only one satellite which is the moon. It is the second brightest object in the earth’s sky during night time.
- The Mariana Trench is the deepest spot of earth with a depth of 35,813 feet below sea level.
- Our planet has different seasons because it tilts very slightly on its axis while orbiting the Sun.
- The earth’s mantle consists of 44.8% oxygen, 21.5% silicon, and 22.8% magnesium.
- It is the largest layer of the Earth. It is approximately 2,970 kilometers thick.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about the Earth for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2020. Web. 25 Feb 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-facts-about-the-earth-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about the Earth for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-facts-about-the-earth-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :