Invincible Cockroaches Facts for Kids Video
Cockroaches have been around for millions of years. They are estimated to be at least 200 million years old. The fossils date back as far as 350 million years. They belong to order Blattaria and are considered pests. There are more than 4,500 different species of co-ck roaches. They can be found all over the world except Antarctica. They prefer to live in warm and damp places. A co-ck roach can live about one month without food and two weeks without water. They can also survive for one week without their head because they do not require mouth to breathe.
Fun Facts: –
- They can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
- They can cause some allergies and trigger asthma attacks. They also spread 33 different kinds of bacteria.
- Cockroaches can survive really high radiation levels even 10 times more than a human can.
- Some species of co-ck roaches can even fly and a few of them stabilize themselves with the wings while jumping so it appears as they are flying.
- They can eat almost each and every organic matter, from plant matter to human food, dead insects etc.
- Cockroaches are fast runners and can go up to a speed of 3 miles per hour.
- They do not have structured groups like termites but they prefer to live in groups.
- They are cold-blooded creatures and can maintain a low rate of metabolism.
- They have little holes in almost every segment of their body. They are called spiracles and responsible for sending air directly to the tissues.
- They incubate their eggs in a thick protective case. This thick case is called an ootheca.
- They are cold-blooded insects.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Cockroaches for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2020. Web. 02 Jun 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/invincible-co-ck roaches-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Cockroaches for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/invincible-co-ck roaches-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :