Best Human Circulatory System Video for Kids
Human Circulatory System
Human circulatory system has another name, the cardiovascular system. The word cardiovascular has been derived from the Greek word ‘Kardia’ that means ‘heart’ and Latin word ‘Vasculum’ that means ‘small vessels’. The main job of this system is transporting blood and all other important nutrients throughout our body. It includes the heart, blood and blood vessels. The circulatory system is centered on the heart. It is important for fighting diseases, maintaining proper temperature and pH balance and removing waste products from our body. The study of blood flow is known as ‘hemodynamics’.
Quick Facts: –
- Blood takes about 20 seconds to circulate the entire body.
- Human heart does not need a body to beat as it has its own electric impulse.
- There are more than 5 million red blood cells within a tiny droplet of blood.
- Blood comes in different shades of red. Oxygen rich blood is bright red and blood with less oxygen is darker shade of red.
- Average human heart beats about 70 times in a minute.
- Red blood cells are special as they have no nuclei.
- There are three circulatory processes occur within the body simultaneously: – Systemic Circulation, Pulmonary Circulation and Coronary Circulation.
- Hypertension and atherosclerosis are two disorders that involve blood vessels.
- If everything that is included in the circulatory system like: – arteries, veins, capillaries etc. is laid out end to end then it would stretch 60,000 miles.
- A heart laugh works as a good heart medicine and also helps to reduce stress.
- Blood pressure is the pressure of blood against the wall of an artery.
- Blood contains platelets that are essential for clotting the blood. If a blood vessel is damaged, a clot forms to stop blood leaking.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Human Circulatory System for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 27 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-human-circulatory-system-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Human Circulatory System for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-human-circulatory-system-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :