Best Isaac Newton Biography Video for Kids
All about Isaac Newton
Sir Isaac Newton was an English physicist and mathematician. He is also known as the father of modern physics. He was born on January 4, 1643, in Woolsthorpe, England. His father’s name was also Isaac Newton who died 3 months before his birth. As a child, Isaac was not expected to live because he was a premature baby. His mother remarried when he was 3 years old leaving him with his grandmother. He initially attended the King’s School in Grantham. At one point, his mother wanted him to quit his studies and help on the farm but Newton was not good as a farmer.
Quick Facts: –
- In 1661, Isaac Newton enrolled at the University of Cambridge’s Trinity College where he became fascinated by the works of modern philosophers.
- He even devoted a set of notes to Rene Descartes to his outside readings.
- Newton returned home in 1665 during the Great Plague and then he began formulating theories on various topics like calculus, color, and light etc.
- After two long years, in 1667, he returned to Cambridge and elected as a minor fellow.
- Following year, he constructed the first reflecting telescope and in 1669, he received his Master of Arts degree.
- Then he was appointed as Cambridge’s Lucasian Professor of mathematics.
- He gave a demonstration of his telescope to the Royal Society of London in 1671.
- In 1687, ‘Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica’ got published that established the three laws of motion and gravity.
- In 1696, he was named warden of the Royal Mint and moved to London permanently.
- His second major work ‘Opticks’ got published in the year of 1704. Following year, he was knighted by Queen Anne of England.
- Newton was a very religious person and had an uncanny obsession with the bible.
- He died on March 31, 1727, and was buried in Westminster Abbey.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Amazing Facts for Kids about Isaac Newton ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 07 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-isaac-newton-biography-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Amazing Facts for Kids about Isaac Newton. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-isaac-newton-biography-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- Iodine Clock Reaction
- Make Homemade Fizzy Lemonade
- Make Rock Candy
- Ocean Acidification Experiment
- How To Build a Popsicle Stick Catapult
- How To Make Floating Paper Clips
- Animal Blubber Simulation
- How To Make an Edible Water Bottle!
- Hourglass Dolphin
- Atlantic Spotted Dolphin
- Hector’s Dolphin
- Dusky Dolphin
Sponsored Links :