Best Louis Pasteur Biography Video for Kids
Louis Pasteur was a French chemist and microbiologist. He discovered various vaccinations for different diseases and proved that diseases are caused by germs by introducing the Germ Theory. Pasteur also came up with a process of food preparation that is now known as Pasteurization. He also discovered the anaerobic bacteria. He was born on December 27, 1822, in a poor family of Dole, France. Louis Pasteur was a gifted artist. During his school life, he showed considerable talent, especially in his pastel portraits.
Fast Facts: –
- He received a Bachelor of Arts in 1840 from the College Royal de Besancon and then appointed as teaching assistant.
- In 1847, he submitted a thesis in chemistry and then another thesis in physics.
- Pasteur was the person who introduced the term ‘vaccination’.
- He became dean of the faculty of sciences at Lille University in 1854.
- In 1868, he suffered a brain stroke that left him partially paralyzed.
- He found a vaccination for rabies that saved the life of a young boy in 1885. The boy was the first person to receive this treatment.
- He is also credited with the discovery of the molecular basis for the asymmetry of certain crystals.
- Louis Pasteur was made a Grand Croix of the Legion of Honor for his influential contributions. It is a prestigious French order.
- Throughout his life, he was a deeply religious Christian.
- Louis established the Pasteur Institute in the year of 1887 and remained its director until death.
- His paralysis worsened in his last day and he passed away on September 28, 1895.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Amazing Facts for Kids about Louis Pasteur ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 10 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-louis-pasteur-biography-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Amazing Facts for Kids about Louis Pasteur. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-louis-pasteur-biography-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :