Best Marie and Pierre Curie Video for Kids
Marie and Pierre Curie Facts
Marie and Pierre Curie together discovered the elements radium and polonium and then they were awarded the Noble Prize in 1903 for physics. This video explains a lot of less known facts about both of them.
Marie Curie: –
- Marie Curie was born on November 7, 1867 in Warsaw then Russian Empire and now Poland.
- She was the first woman to receive a noble prize and the first ever person to receive the prize twice and in two different scientific fields, physics and chemistry.
- Marie Curie is best known for her work on radioactivity.
- Marie and Pierre Curie were jointly awarded the Davy Medal of the Royal Society of London in 1903.
- Marie personally provided medical aid to French soldiers during the World War I.
- She had no idea of dangers of her own discovery radioactivity that caused Marie’s eventual death on July 4, 1934.
Pierre Curie: –
- Pierre Curie, a French physicist was born on May 15, 1859 in Paris, France.
- He is best known for his work on crystallography with his brother Jacques and radioactivity with his wife Marie.
- His other important discoveries include Curie balance and Curie’s Law.
- He received his Ph.D. and became professor of physics in 1895.
- He discovered piezoelectric effect.
- Pierre’s complete works got published in 1908.
- Marie and Pierre’s daughter Irene Joliot-Curie also won Noble Prize for chemistry in 1935 with her husband Frederic Joliot-Curie.
- He died on April 19, 1906 from a road accident.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Marie and Pierre Curie ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2019. Web. 17 Nov 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-marie-and-pierre-curie-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Marie and Pierre Curie. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-marie-and-pierre-curie-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :