Best Mitosis Video for Kids
Mitosis can be defined as a process that divides a single cell into two identical daughter cells. It is also called Cell division. This process takes place for growth. By this, worn out cells get replaced. Most of the people confuse two terms, Mitosis and Meiosis with each other but in actual, they are different. Mitosis forms two identical daughter cells and Meiosis forms four non-identical daughter cells.
Phases of Mitosis: –
There are 5 phases of Mitosis: –
- Interphase: – In this step, the DNA gets copied to prepare for cell division. Two identical full sets of chromosomes are formed. Two centrosomes are outside the nucleus. Each one of them contains a pair of centrioles. These centrosomes extend microtubules.
- Prophase: – Chromosomes change into X-shaped structures that are visible by using microscope. Two sister chromatids that contain identical genetic information compose a chromosome. At the end of this phase, the membrane gets dissolved releasing the chromosomes.
- Metaphase: – In this phase, chromosomes fall in a line neatly along the equator of the cell. Now, centrioles settle at opposite poles of the cell.
- Anaphase: – Mitotic spindle pulls the sister chromatic apart to the opposite ends.
- Telophase: – In Telophase, at both the poles, full sets of chromosomes are gathered together. Around each set, a membrane is formed so that 2 new nucleus can be created. The single cell gets pinched in the middle and forms two daughter cells. Each one of them contains a full set of chromosomes within a nucleus.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Mitosis ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 05 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-mitosis-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Mitosis. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-mitosis-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :