Best Picture of a Plant Cell Video for Kids
Plant Cell Facts
Cells are fundamental units of life. Every organism has millions of cells. A plant cell is the only producer of food by self on the earth. Their main function is to carry all processes that are needed to facilitate plant life like photosynthesis etc. They have amazing features like chloroplasts, rigid cell wall and vacuole. The rigid walls of these cells help plants to retain a definite shape. These walls can never be enlarged. These walls can also store water. They are made up of cellulose, hemicelluloses and pectin. The nucleus is commonly referred as the cell brain as it is responsible for its actions.
Quick Facts: –
- A plant cannot produce the sugars and carbohydrates without its cells.
- Plant cells are extremely small. They are only visible on a microscope.
- These cells can be included in the category of Eukaryotic cells as they have a well-defined nucleus.
- The nucleus inherits the physical traits from one generation to another.
- Mitochondria are known as the energy house of the cells.
- They have cellulose, chloroplasts, chlorophyll and Vacuoles that are part of the structure.
- Vacuoles are functioned as a storage space for the waste of plant cell.
- To maintain the growth of the cells, plants need light from the Sun.
- The cells get their required energy from the Sun and convert the carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates and sugars.
- They have chloroplasts that contain chlorophyll, which absorbs light energy for photosynthesis.
- Plant cells and animal cells are somewhat similar in terms of structure.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Plant Cell for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2020. Web. 31 May 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-picture-of-a-plant-cell-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Plant Cell for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-picture-of-a-plant-cell-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :