Best Planet Facts for Kids – Video for Kids
A planet can be defined as a celestial body that orbits around a star. There are total 8 planets in our solar system that orbit the Sun. These eight planets are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. These planets are divided into two different categories Terrestrial Planets and Gas Giants. Terrestrial planets are those that are composed of mainly rock and gas giants are those that are made of gas. Gas giants do not have a solid surface crust. Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Earth are terrestrial planets. Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune are gas giants.
Fast Facts: –
- Jupiter is the largest and Mercury is the smallest planet in the solar system.
- Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun and Neptune is the farthest planet.
- Venus is the brightest planet in our sky and sometimes can be seen with the naked eye.
- Approximately 71% of the earth is covered with water. It has more exposed water than land.
- Olympus Mon is the largest volcano in the entire solar system. It is located on the planet Mars.
- Terrestrial planets are known as Inner Planets and Gas giants are known as Outer Planets.
- Earth is the only known planet to support life as far and we are the most intelligent living creatures.
- A planet must have sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces.
- Saturn is the least dense planet. If there was a water tub big enough to hold Saturn then it would float.
- A day on Jupiter lasts only 9 hours and 55 minutes as it spins very quickly on its axis.
- Pluto was also one of the 9 planets of the solar system but in 2006, it was demoted to the status of dwarf planet.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Planet Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2020. Web. 31 Mar 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-planet-facts-for-kids-video-for-kids-3/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Planet Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-planet-facts-for-kids-video-for-kids-3/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :