Science Fair Ideas
This video is about a 7th grade science fair project where they made mini cannon. The homemade mini cannon in this project is made by the expansion of carbon dioxide gas.
Materials Required: –
- Measuring Cup
- Tissue paper
- Baking soda
- Take 1 ounce vinegar and add same amount of water in it.
- Now pour it into a wine bottle or pot bottle using a funnel.
- Take one tsp of baking soda and out it on the tissue paper.
- Wrap it into a cylindrical shape and tie the ends tightly.
- Place it into the bottle and place the cork on the top of it.
- Step away from the bottle keeping in mind that when the gas expands it will create a canon.
You get a lot of bubbling and foaming when you mix vinegar with baking soda. These bubbles and foam are carbon dioxide gas. This gas is being released by an acid-base reaction. Vinegar is acetic acid and baking soda is a base called sodium bicarbonate.