Reaction Time Video for Kids
A process in which, the molecules of one substance break apart and join together with other substance’s to form a different compound is known as a chemical reaction. There are two different types of these reactions: – Reversible and Non-reversible. In Reversible reactions, the original materials can be recreated from the new materials. In Non-reversible reactions, you cannot create original materials from new ones. The constituent atoms of the reactants are rearranged to create a new substance.
Quick Facts: –
- A substance that increases or decrease the speed of a chemical reaction or makes it happen is called a catalyst.
- Almost all reactions involve energy. It could be any form of energy light, heat or electricity.
- Burning includes a set of non-reversible chemical reactions.
- Different chemical reactions are actually happening all the time in the world around us.
- Substances that are consumed during the reaction are known as reactants and reagents and substances produced after the reaction are known as the product.
- There are 5 different types of reactions which are: – Synthesis, single displacement, double displacement, decomposition, and combustion.
- When a sequence of reactions is caused by a single reaction, it is called a chain reaction.
- If oxygen combines with a substance then it is known as Oxidation and if the substance loses its oxygen, it is known as Reduction.
- The products of a chemical reaction have the same total mass as the reactants. This is called conservation of mass.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Chemical reactions ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 04 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/reaction-time-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Chemical reactions. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/reaction-time-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :