Best Science Fair Projects for 6th Grade Video for Kids
Science Fair Project for 6th Grade
This video is about science fair projects for 6th grade. This project is making a lemon battery.
Materials Required: –
- Two lemons
- Two pennies
- Two galvanized nail
- A sharp knife
- Copper wire
- Roll the lemon on the table so that it can get charged. It breaks the cell walls and loosens up the juice.
- This sour juice is required for the chemical reaction which is going to take place.
- Cut a ½ inch deep slit in the lemon using the knife.
- Insert the penny in the slit. You can also use copper wire if you want.
- Insert the galvanized nail at another end of the lemon in a way that the penny and the nail must not touch.
- Now one cell of your lemon battery is ready and you can take the reading by using the multimeter.
- Make one more sell using the same way.
- To create a battery of higher voltages we can connect two or more cells.
The energy we get from a battery comes from chemical energy. The chemical energy gets converted into electrical energy. This lemon battery is a voltaic battery. Here, the penny and the galvanized nail are working as electrodes.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Science Fair Projects for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 11 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-science-fair-projects-for-6th-grade-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Science Fair Projects for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-science-fair-projects-for-6th-grade-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :