Dinosaurs Videos for Kids
Be entertained enjoying a great special and very easy to comprehend Dinosaurs Videos:
Dinosaurs were reptiles that lived on earth during Mesozoic Era in all three periods which are Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous. They lived on all the continents including Antarctica. The term dinosaur was coined by British paleontologist Richard Owen in 1842 for the first time. This word has been derived from the Greek word that means ‘terrible lizard’. All the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago after a giant meteor hit the earth. Before that, they prospered for more than 150 million years.
Fast Facts: –
- Dinosaurs are categorized in two different categories by the structure of their hipbones which are Saurischian (lizard-hipped) and Ornithischian (bird-hipped).
- It is believed by many researchers that these creatures may have shed their skin like snakes and lizards.
- They often swallowed some rocks with their food that stayed in their stomach and helped them in grinding up the food.
- T. Rex had huge back legs but its tiny front legs were no longer than average human arms.
- The blue whale which is also the largest animal on the earth is larger than any dinosaur that ever lived.
- Eoraptor is the earliest named dinosaur found so far. It lived at the dawn of the Dinosaur Age.
- Scientists believe that some dinosaurs were cold-blooded and some of them were warm-blooded.
- There are roughly over 700 known species of these extinct creatures. Their fossils have been found on all seven continents.
- The earliest known dinosaur appeared about 245 million years ago during the Late Triassic Period.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Amazing Facts for Kids about Dinosaurs ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2020. Web. 29 Sep 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/dinosaurs-videos-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Amazing Facts for Kids about Dinosaurs. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/dinosaurs-videos-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :