Best White Tigers Facts Video for Kids
White Tiger Facts
Most of the people think that white tiger is an albino tiger but in reality, they are not. They only have a special gene that turns their orange fur to white but retains their black stripes. It is believed that they do not exist in wild anymore. According to a report, only 200 white tigers are in existence. All white tigers have blue eyes. They belong to the family of felidae. They are masked mutants of Bengal tiger. They have less dark pigment in their coats and this is called ‘chinchilla mutation’. White tigers are solitary animals.
Quick Facts: –
- Only 12 white tigers have been spotted in the last century.
- They are great climbers, swimmers and jumpers.
- The first ever captured white tiger was named Mohan. He was found in India in 1951 by Maharaja Martand Singh.
- It is a general belief that white tigers are often born with deformities like club feet, misshapen bones etc. but it is not quite right. They are as healthy as their orange counterparts.
- White tigers prefer to hunt at night and spend the whole day sleeping in their den alone.
- They are carnivores and generally feed on wild pig, buffalos etc. Occasionally they prey on young elephants and rhinoceros.
- They can hunt both on land and in the water.
- Similar to their orange counterparts, they are extremely territorial and mark their territories by urinating and scratching on trees.
- Their night vision is six times better than a human.
- Females have a gestation period of about 3.5 months. They have a litter size of 2-5 cubs.
- White tiger cubs are born blind and completely dependent on their mother.
- An average white tiger weighs around 300-600 pounds with an average length of 3-3.5 metres.
- The average life span of a white tiger is 10-15 years.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about White Tiger for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 01 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-white-tigers-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about White Tiger for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-white-tigers-facts-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :