Charles Darwin Theory of Evolution Video for Kids
Theory of Evolution
Charles Darwin was a British naturalist who introduced the Theory of Evolution in 18599 in his book ‘On the Origin of Species’. He is also known as the father of evolution due to this contribution. He explained how natural selection could cause a land mammal to turn into a whale.
Important observations of the theory: –
- Members of same species can vary in traits
- Some traits can be passed on from one generation to another
- Some species can produce offspring more than the environment can support
- A few of them cannot survive due to lack of food and other resources
Theory of Evolution stated that all the various species were originated from a single species by adapting the environmental changes.
Fun Facts: –
- Along with developing the idea of natural selections Darwin also presented compelling evidence from his detailed research.
- Many philosophers believed for thousand years that life must have been created by God.
- The validity of the Theory of Evolution is still questioned despite all the evidence from fossil records.
- The famous phrase of Charles Darwin ‘Survival of the fittest’ was not originally stated by him.
- In this theory, nature is the measurement for the survival of individual traits.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Theory of Evolution ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 07 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/charles-darwin-theory-of-evolution-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Theory of Evolution. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/charles-darwin-theory-of-evolution-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :