Charles Darwin was a geologist and naturalist, born in Shrewsbury, England on February 12, 1809. He explained all the biological changes by introducing a theory of evolution. He gave the idea that all the species of life have evolved from common ancestors.
Fast facts: –
- His complete name was Charles Robert Darwin.
- Darwin visited ecologically diverse areas such as Australia, Chile, and Brazil etc. during his five year long voyage on the HMS Beagle.
- Darwin shared his birthday with US president Abraham Lincoln.
- He suffered from chronic illness.
- In 1859, he wrote a book ‘On the Origin of Species’ publishing his theory of evolution.
- He is often called as ‘Father of Evolution’.
- He married his first cousin Emma Wedgewood. The couple had 10 children but 3 of them sadly died. Two as infants and one aged of 10.
- Darwin dropped out of medical school.
- At Cambridge University, he joined a weekly group called ‘Gourmet Club’. Motive of this group was to find and eat strange meat. He once ate an owl.
- Captain FitzRoy named the highest peak in Tierra del Fuego, Mount Darwin.
- He was an obsessive enthusiast of backgammon.
- Darwin was an abolitionist.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts About Charles Darwin for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2021. Web. 25 Jan 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-charles-darwin-facts-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Fun Facts About Charles Darwin for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-charles-darwin-facts-video-for-kids-2/
We've recently added
- Microbiology Worksheet
- All About Microbiology
- Fingerprint Identification Experiment
- Forensic Science
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- Famous American Inventors (Top ten and their Inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
Sponsored Links :