Coke and Mentos Facts for Kids Video
Coke and Mentos Experiment
This fun video is about the Coke and Mentos Experiment. It is a demonstration and does not involve predictions or problem solving. This experiment demonstrates the scientific concept behind the explosion of soda. Make sure you do this experiment in an open area to avoid creating a mess.
- 2 litre Coke
- One packet of white mint Mentos
- Geyser tube
- Safety goggles
- Lab coat
- Carefully open the cap of the bottle of Coke.
- If you want you can also use diet coke instead of regular. As it does not have sugar so it will be easy to clean up the mess after experiment.
- Take the geyser tube and put all the mentos in it from the packet.
- Put it on the bottle in such a way that all the mentos in the tube are dropped in the bottle at the same time.
- Now run away but look back at the amazing coke and mentos geyser from a distance.
- You can also use other types of soda and compare the results.
The soda bottle is full of carbon dioxide which is also the reason why bubbles are formed. When we drop anything in the bottle, these bubbles start to form on that object’s surface. This process is known as nucleation. Same thing happens when we drop mentos in the bottle of coke.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All about Coke and Mentos Experiment for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 19 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/coke-and-mentos-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All about Coke and Mentos Experiment for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/coke-and-mentos-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :