Cool Experiments Video for Kids
This video shows a simple science experiment on how to make your own fireworks in a jar. This experiment doesn’t involve any kind of fire so it’s safe for kids to try.
- One empty jar
- Warm water
- Different food colouring
- Vegetable oil
- A bowl
- Fill the jar about ¾ full with warm water.
- In the bowl, put about three tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add three drops of each food colouring in to the bowl.
- Mix it all together with a fork in a way gentle enough to disperse the food colouring a bit.
- Now pour the oil and colouring mixture into the jar which is filled with warm water.
- You will observe that the food colouring will sink out of the oil. The oil will stay on the water’s surface and colour will get mixed with water.
- This entire process will create fireworks effect in the water.
This works on the concept of density of each liquid. The food colouring gets dissolved into the water but oil does not. The food colouring and water both are denser than the oil.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun and Cool Experiments for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 16 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/cool-experiments-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun and Cool Experiments for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/cool-experiments-video-for-kids-2/
Sponsored Links :