Crocodile Vs Alligator Video for Kids
Difference between Crocodile and Alligator
Most of the people confuse crocodiles and alligator with each other. Both of them are reptiles from same order, called Crocodylia but they are different. There are some points by using which, we can differentiate them: –
- Crocodiles have a V-shaped snout.
- When crocodiles close their mouth, their fourth tooth will be visible.
- Crocodiles are found everywhere across the world.
- Crocodiles are adapted to live in seawater. Some of them live in freshwater as well.
- Crocodiles belong to the family Crocodylidae.
- Crocodiles are more aggressive than alligators.
- Crocodiles have a light skin colour as compared to alligators.
- Alligators have a U-shaped snout.
- Once alligators shut their mouth, no tooth is visible.
- They can be found in the US and China only.
- Alligators prefer to live in fresh water.
- They belong to the family Alligatoridae
- Alligator are not as aggressive as crocodiles.
- Alligators have comparatively darker skins.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts about Crocodiles Vs Alligators ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2019. Web. 16 Sep 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/crocodile-vs-alligator-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun facts about Crocodiles Vs Alligators. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/crocodile-vs-alligator-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :