What is a Reptile Video for Kids
All about reptiles
This easy to understand video explains a lot of interesting facts about reptiles.
Fast facts: –
- Most of the reptiles lay shelled eggs.
- The breath atmospheric air.
- They have dry and hard scales as a covering or bony external plate.
- Most of them are cold blooded. It means they do not maintain a constant body temperature. They need regular sunlight to keep their body warm and maintain the temperature.
- They are ancient creatures. They are believed to exist for around 320 million years.
- They have smaller brains relative to their body size.
- Crocodiles and alligators are reptiles.
- Turtles, snakes, lizards and tortoises are also reptiles.
- They do not need any energy to keep themselves warm. It is the reason, they require less food.
- They can be found on every continent of this world very easily except for Antarctica.
- The biggest reptile is the salt water crocodile. It can reach up to 12 feet in length and weigh up to 900 kg approximately.
- The heaviest snake is Green Anaconda and the longest is Reticulated Python.
- The smallest reptile is the mini chameleon.
- Most of the time, people confuse between reptiles and amphibians but both are very different.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun reptile facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2018. Web. 17 Oct 2018. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/what-is-a-reptile-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun reptile facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/what-is-a-reptile-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :