Diagram of a Plant Cell for Kids Video
Plant cell is the only producer of food by self on earth. These cells are eukaryotic cells with a membrane-bound nucleus. They also contain other membrane-bound organelles which are tiny cellular structures. These organelles carry out specific functions which are necessary for normal cellular operation. A plant cell usually has a regular shape and a rigid cell wall that keep the cell from enlarging with water intake. It is made up of different parts including cell membrane, cytoplasm, nucleus, chloroplast, vacuole and cell wall. Plants need sunlight to maintain the growth of plant cells.
Quick Facts: –
- Chloroplast helps plants manufacture food through photosynthesis and the vacuole is the storage place for the waste of cell.
- The cell walls are made of a tough substance called cellulose and they help to store water.
- A cell is the fundamental unit of life of a plant. It provides structure, stability and energy to the plant.
- A plant cell is extremely small. It is only visible using a microscope.
- During photosynthesis, the cell gets energy from the Sun and then it converts the carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates and sugars.
- The cell membrane controls what substances can get into and out of the cell.
- Nucleus of a cell controls what happens inside the cell. It also carries all the genetic information.
- On the basis of their functions, plant cells are divided in different types including Parenchyma cells, Collenchyma cells, Sclerenchyma cells, Sieve tube members and Water conducting cells.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Plant Cell ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 11 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/diagram-of-a-plant-cell-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Plant Cell. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/diagram-of-a-plant-cell-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :