Dinosaur Facts Video for Kids
The word dinosaur has been derived from a Greek language that means ‘terrible lizard’. In 1842, an English Palaeontologist Richard Owen was the first one to coin the word. Dinosaurs lived on the earth until approximately 65 million years ago. It was the time when a mass extinction occurred. They are classified as reptiles and divided in two groups: – Bird-hipped dinosaurs and Lizard-hipped dinosaurs. In 1824, Megalosaurus was the first dinosaur to be formally named. A person who studies about dinosaurs is known as Palaeontologist.
Quick Facts: –
- Technically, dinosaurs are not extinct. It is believed that birds are a type of dinosaurs.
- According to a study, approximately 70% of dinosaur fossil records remain to be discovered.
- Scientists are not sure whether the T-Rex was cold blooded or warm blooded.
- They had giant fleas with beaks that were of the size of modern syringe needle.
- Troodon is one of the most intelligent dinosaurs.
- Seismosaurus is the largest dinosaur that has ever existed. It reached 84 feet in height, 150 feet length and weighed 150 tons.
- Coelophysis was the fastest dinosaur with a maximum speed of 30 miles per our.
- Saltopuses were the smallest dinosaurs. They were only 3 feet in size and weighed up to 5 pounds.
- Eoraptor was the oldest known dinosaur. This carnivorous creature lived 228 million years ago.
- Some people confuse Pterodactyls and dinosaurs with each other but both of them are different.
- Dinosaurs intentionally swallowed small stones and pebbles with their food. It helped them to grind their food.
- The color of all dinosaurs is unknown because they do not exist anymore.
- The particular period of earth’s history in which dinosaurs lived is known as Mesozoic Era.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Dinosaur Fun Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2019. Web. 21 Sep 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/dinosaur-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Dinosaur Fun Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/dinosaur-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :