Easy Science Experiment for Kids How to Do a 6 Layer Density Tower of Liquids Video
This video demonstrates an amazing experiment of creating a 6 layer density tower.
Six layers Density Tower Experiment
This experiment is a good example to understand the concept of density.
- Dish Soap
- Vegetable Oil
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Food colours
- Pour equal amounts of each liquid in small cups.
- Add 2-3 drops of blue food colour in water and 2-3 drops of red food colour in rubbing alcohol.
- Take cylindrical glass in which you want to form the density tower and pour syrup in it.
- It is very important to layer all the liquids slowly in the container. Any liquid should not touch the side walls of container. You can use the funnel or back of a spoon to do that.
- Then pour milk and a layer will be formed.
- After that add dish soap, then water in which you have mixed blue food colour already.
- Then add vegetable oil slowly and after that pour rubbing alcohol which is of red colour due to food colour.
- Now you will see that all the liquids are separated and they are not mixing with each other. Your six layer density tower is ready.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Experiment to create a six layer density tower for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 12 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/easy-science-experiment-for-kids-how-to-do-a-6-layer-density-tower-of-liquids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Experiment to create a six layer density tower for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/easy-science-experiment-for-kids-how-to-do-a-6-layer-density-tower-of-liquids-video/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :