This video demonstrates an amazing experiment of creating a 6 layer density tower.
Six layers Density Tower Experiment
This experiment is a good example to understand the concept of density.
- Dish Soap
- Vegetable Oil
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Food colours
- Pour equal amounts of each liquid in small cups.
- Add 2-3 drops of blue food colour in water and 2-3 drops of red food colour in rubbing alcohol.
- Take cylindrical glass in which you want to form the density tower and pour syrup in it.
- It is very important to layer all the liquids slowly in the container. Any liquid should not touch the side walls of container. You can use the funnel or back of a spoon to do that.
- Then pour milk and a layer will be formed.
- After that add dish soap, then water in which you have mixed blue food colour already.
- Then add vegetable oil slowly and after that pour rubbing alcohol which is of red colour due to food colour.
- Now you will see that all the liquids are separated and they are not mixing with each other. Your six layer density tower is ready.