Facts About Mars for Kids Video
All about Mars
Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and also the second smallest in the entire solar system. It is named after the Roman god of war. It is also known as the red planet because of its bright rusty colour. It has this bloody color because of iron-rich minerals in its regolith. This small rocky body was once thought to be very earth like. The surface of this planet has been changed because of various reasons including volcanism, impacts from other bodies, movements of its crust, and atmospheric effects.
Fast Facts: –
- Scientists believe that approximately 3.5 billion years ago, Mars experienced the largest known floods in the solar system.
- This planet is too cold and has a thin atmosphere that does not allow liquid water to exist at the surface for too long.
- Mariner 4 was the first spacecraft to visit the planet in 1965 and Mars 2 was the first one to land there.
- This planet is also home to both the deepest, longest valley and the tallest mountain in the entire solar system.
- The planet has two small moons which are Phobos and Deimos. It is believed that they may be asteroids snared by Mars’ gravity.
- Mars’ atmosphere is roughly 100 times less dense that the Earth’s atmosphere.
- With an exception of earth, this planet is considered the most hospitable to life.
- It takes 687 Earth days to orbit the Sun. It has an orbit radius of 227,840,000 kilometres.
- This planet is most likely to have solid core composed of iron, nickel and sulfur.
- Mars has the most eccentric orbit of all the eight planets in the solar system.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Fun Facts for Kids about Mars ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 04 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-mars-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Fun Facts for Kids about Mars. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-mars-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :