Facts About Venus for Kids Video
Facts about Venus
Venus is the second planet from the Sun and also the second brightest object in the sky after moon. It does not have any moons or rings. This planet has a diameter of 12,104 km. It is the hottest planet in our entire solar system with an average surface temperature of 470°C. It is hot enough to melt even lead. This planet has more volcanoes as compared to any other planet in our solar system. It takes 243 earth days to Venus to make one rotation and 224.7 earth days to make a rotation around the Sun. Air pressure on the surface of this planet is extreme. It is about 90 times higher than the sea level pressure of earth.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- This planet has super fast winds that can reach up to a speed of 450 miles per hour.
- Venus appears to have phases like moon because it orbits the sun within earth’s orbit.
- The planet has a very thick atmosphere mostly made up of carbon dioxide with bits of sulphuric acid.
- Venus is named after Roman goddess of love and beauty that makes it the only planet to be named after a female.
- It is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- The surface of Venus is extremely dry because of its high temperature.
- This planet does not experience any seasons because its axis hardly has any tilt at all.
- This planet is also known as twin planet to the Earth.
- Shadows casted by brightness of Venus are known as Venusian shadows.
- The planet has a very weak magnetic field.
- It is the closest planet to the Earth.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Venus for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 23 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-venus-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Venus for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-venus-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :