Facts about Chang’e 4
Till now, so many space probes sent by different countries have visited the Moon but all of them visited the same side of the lunar surface. This time China has launched its Chang’e 4 mission to explore the far side of the moon.
With this mission, China has become the first country to send a probe to the far side of the moon (only satellite of our planet). It landed on the lunar surface on January 3, 2019. This side of the lunar surface always faces away from Earth.
Quick Facts: –
- Chang’e 4 is the follow-up to Chang’e 3 mission which was also the first Chinese landing on the Moon.
- Chang’e 1 and Chang’e 2 missions were sent in 2007 and 2010 respectively.
- This lunar exploration mission consisted of an orbiter, a robotic lander and rover.
- This mission was launched from the Xichang satellite launch center in Sichuan, south-west China.
- Chang’e-4 was originally a backup to Chang’e-3 mission which was launched in December 2013.
- There is no side of the moon that can be called the permanent dark side because the Sun rises and sets on both of sides.
- The far side of the earth’s satellite never faces us because of tidal locking.
- This entire mission is named after Chang’e who is China’s mythological goddess of the Moon.
- This complete Lunar exploration program is designed to be conducted in three phases of incremental technological advancement.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Chang'e 4 ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2019. Web. 17 Jun 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-change-4/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts for Kids about Chang'e 4. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-change-4/
Sponsored Links :