All About the German Shepherd
A German Shepherd is one of the most popular dog breeds in the world. This dog breed is a fierce protector but friendly within a loving family. They are calm and are confident in nature. They have a proportioned and commanding look. They also have muscular shoulders and legs with solid back legs and a bushy tail.
These dogs are intelligent, loyal and hardworking and are one of the most popular serving police dogs globally. The bite of a German Shepherd has a force of 238 pounds.
Quick Facts: –
- The German Shepherd is the 2nd most popular registered dog in the United States.
- Max von Stephanitz is a dog breeder who is considered to be the father of the German Shepherd breed.
- When well trained they obey the first given command ninety five percent of the time.
- The dog breed is from Germany. These were working dogs in Germany acting as sheep herders from the late 1800’s.
- The average lifespan of these dogs ranges from 10 to 13 years.
- They shed hair very frequently so their coat needs to be combed every day.
- They get along with children very well and also with other pets if both are raised together.
- These dogs really love to play and are extremely active.
- They are naturally curious in nature and this is the reason why they are perfect for search missions.
- A female German Shepherd has a litter size ranging somewhere from 6 to 10 puppies.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " German Shepherd Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 29 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-german-shepherd/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). German Shepherd Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-german-shepherd/
Sponsored Links :