Fun Facts About Australia for Kids Video
The name Australia has been derived from the Latin word ‘australis’ which means southern. Australia is a country and continent which is surrounded by Indian and Pacific Ocean. Official name of Australia is ‘Commonwealth of Australia’. It is the smallest continent but the 6th largest country having a population of around 20 million.
Fast facts: –
- The national animal of Australia is the Red Kangaroo.
- It has the world’s 3rd largest ocean territory.
- It is the only nation-continent in the world.
- Over 200 different languages and dialects are spoken in Australia including 45 indigenous languages.
- It has 16 world heritage listed sites including historic townships, cities and landscapes.
- About 80 percent of adult Australian population is engaged in some kind of gambling which is the highest rate of gambling in the world.
- Capital of the country is Canberra.
- It is estimated that humans have lived in Australia for around 45000 years.
- Australia is home to a variety of unique animals, including the Koala, Kangaroo, Emu, Kookaburra and Platypus.
- Australia was inhabited by indigenous people for about 50,000 years before the British came.
- It is the 12th largest economy in the world and had the world’s 5th highest per-capita income in 2014.
- In Australia, there are more kangaroos than people.
- This country has over 10,000 beaches.
- In 1967, Australia’s prime minister went to the beach for a swim and disappeared while swimming.
- Australia exports camels to Saudi Arabia.
- Australia in an island surrounded by more than 8,000 smaller islands.
- The top ten deadliest snakes can be found in Australia
- In 2009, snipers were placed in Australia to protect a colony of little penguins from predators.
- Lake Hillier in Australia is a bright pink colour and scientists are not sure why.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts About Australia for Kids Video - ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2020. Web. 01 Apr 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/fun-facts-about-australia-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts About Australia for Kids Video -. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/fun-facts-about-australia-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :