Layers of the Skin Video for Kids
Layers of the Skin
Your body’s largest organ is your skin. It performs different physical functions like: – protects your bones, internal organs, muscles, allows you body to feel heat and cold. Skin regulates your body heat by using your blood.
Layers of skin: –
Human skin is constructed of three layers: –
- Epidermis: – It is the outer layer. Palms of your hands and soles of feet have the thickest outer layer.
- Dermis: – It is the middle layer. This layer contains hair andr gs.
- Subcutis: – Subcutis is the deepest layer of a mammal’s skin that stores fat, nerves blood vessels and hair follicle roots.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- Around 16% of your entire body weight is made up of your skin.
- Your skin has four major receptors that respond to pressure.
- Body temperature of humans is regulated by a bodily function of sweating performed by your skin.
- Skin colour depends on the amount of melanin produced by your body. If your body produces more melanin, your skin will be darker.
- These melanin producing cells are located in epidermis.
- On a daily basis, your skin regenerates itself and creates a new layer of skin in every 28 days.
- Various bacteria call your skin surface home. Most of them are harmless and they can help immune cells to fight disease causing microbes.
- Fingerprints on your palms increase fiction and help to grip any object.
- Your skin release the sweat which is odourless but the bacteria present on the skin is the reason of body odour.
- A baby will develop its permanent skin tone within 6 months of birth.
- Every 5 square cm of skin has more than 500 sweat glands.
- Your eyelids and area around the eyes has the thinnest layer of skin.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Layers of the Skin ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 10 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/layers-of-the-skin-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Layers of the Skin. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/layers-of-the-skin-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :