Solar Power Facts Video for Kids
Solar power is a new way of energy production which is becoming more and more popular these days as it is sustainable and renewable. In this technique, the natural energy of Sun is most widely used to produce electricity. Even NASA is currently working on a solar powered aircraft. In our daily life, this technology can be used to light homes, produce hot water, heat homes etc. China is the world’s leading solar producer. Solar energy is found in abundance and completely free.
Fun Facts: –
- Solar technology can be divided into two types: – active and passive.
- This technology does not cause any pollution and have no environmental effects.
- It is the most reliable source of energy.
- The world’s largest solar power plant is located in the Mojave Desert in California. It covers approximately 1000 acres.
- A battery can be used as a backup of your solar system.
- The first solar cooker was invented by a scientist named John Herschel.
- There are two major types of solar panels: – Photovoltaic panels and Solar Thermal Panels.
- Only 0.07% of the world’s power comes from solar sources.
- Maintenance requirements of solar energy systems are very low.
- It is a myth that PV cells can produce more electricity under extremely hot temperatures. In actual, high temperatures lower the efficiency of PV cells.
- The distance between earth and sun is 93,000,000 miles and solar energy travels this distance in 8 minutes 19 seconds.
- Our bodies use solar energy to create vitamin D.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Solar Power for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 17 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/solar-power-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Solar Power for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/solar-power-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :