Organs in the Body Video for Kids
Organs in the Body
There are about 78 different organs in the body which vary according to size, functions, and actions. An organ can be defined as a collection of millions of cells which group together to keep it functioning. These cells are building blocks of human life. Our body contains approximately 100 trillion cells. The scientific study of human body and organs is known as human anatomy. The basic parts of the human body are the head, neck, torso, arms, and legs. Skin is the largest organ in our body. There are a number of biological systems that carry out specific bodily functions.
Quick Facts: –
- Major organs in the body are brain, heart, skin, lungs, liver, stomach, and kidneys etc.
- Some organs that have an empty pouch or tube are called hollow organs.
- Some scientists believe that the human liver performs as many as 500 different functions.
- It is both the largest internal organ and the largest gland in the human body. It generally weighs 1.44-1.66 kg.
- Approximately 96% of this weight is water.
- The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
- The right kidney is positioned slightly lower than the left kidney.
- The human brain uses more than a quarter of the oxygen used by the human body.
- The gluteus maximus is the biggest muscle in the body which is located in the buttock.
- A red blood cell takes about 20 seconds to circle the whole body.
- The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body.
- A total of 14 different bones make up the human face.
- Human tooth is the only body part that cannot repair itself.
- Our ears and nose do not stop growing through the lifetime.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Organs in the Body ." Easy Science for Kids, Dec 2019. Web. 11 Dec 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/organs-in-the-body-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Facts for Kids about Organs in the Body. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/organs-in-the-body-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :