Fun Facts About Mars for Kids Video
Entertain yourself viewing the coolest hand-picked and very easy to comprehend Fun Facts About Mars simple science for children video:
All Facts about Mars
Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and last of all four terrestrial planets. It is named after Mars, the Roman God of War. It is also known as the Red Planet because of the brownish-red colour of its surface. It has a thin atmosphere composed primarily of carbon dioxide. It is also the second smallest planet in the Solar System. This planet has just 15% of the earth’s volume and 10% of the earth’s mass but it actually has a landmass similar to our planet. The reason for this is 70% of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
Fast Facts: –
- Planet Mars experiences huge dust storms. It is also home to the largest one in the Solar System.
- Apart from Earth, this planet is the most hospitable to life of all other planets.
- This planet has seasons like the Earth but they last twice as long.
- In 1609, Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei observed the planet with a primitive telescope.
- A Martian year is the equivalent of 687 earth days. One Martian day is just 40 minutes longer than the earth day.
- The Red Planet got this unique rusty colour because of iron-rich minerals in its regolith.
- This planet is home to the tallest mountain and the deepest, longest valley of any other planet.
- Presence of ozone on Mars was detected in 1971 for the first time.
- This planet has two moons which are named Phobos and Deimos.
- Because of its distance from the Sun, Planet Mars is much colder than the Earth. The average temperature is about -80°F.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Planet Mars ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2020. Web. 25 Nov 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/fun-facts-about-mars-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Planet Mars. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/fun-facts-about-mars-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Worksheet
- Buffalo – Part of the Bovidae Family
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- FAMOUS AMERICAN INVENTORS (top ten and their inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
Sponsored Links :