List of Dinosaurs Facts for Kids Video
All about Dinosaurs
The word dinosaur has been derived from the Greek word that means ‘terrible lizard’. An English paleontologist Richard Owen was the first one to coin the term in 1842. Dinosaurs lived on earth around 65 million years ago. They lived during a period of earth’s history called Mesozoic Era. Megalosaurus was the first ever dinosaur to be officially named in 1824. Dinosaurs are divided into two categories on the basis of the structure of their hipbones. There are two types of dinosaurs lizard-hipped and bird-hipped. Lizard-hipped dinosaurs are known as Saurischian and bird-hipped dinosaurs were known as Ornithischian.
Fast Facts: –
- The heaviest dinosaur was Argentinosaurus with a weight of 77 tons.
- Troodon, a hunting dinosaur was one of the most intelligent dinosaurs.
- Stegosaurus is considered as the dumbest of all the dinosaurs because it had a brain the size of a walnut weighing only 75 gm.
- All the dinosaurs mysteriously died out at the end of the Mesozoic Era.
- They were not the first reptiles to rule the earth.
- The majority of dinosaurs were plant eaters. Even the largest dinosaurs like Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus were herbivores.
- Most of the plant eater dinosaurs had natural weapons at their disposal. These natural weapons helped them to fight meat eaters.
- Some paleontologists believe that birds descended from a carnivorous dinosaur called Theropod.
- Dinosaurs intentionally swallowed pebbles and small rocks to help them grind up their food.
- Some dinosaurs like Velociraptor were warm blooded.
- Before the 17th century, dinosaur fossils were generally believed to be the remains of giants in Europe.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Dinosaurs ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2019. Web. 22 Oct 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/list-of-dinosaurs-facts-for-kids-video-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Fun Facts for Kids about Dinosaurs. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/list-of-dinosaurs-facts-for-kids-video-2/
Sponsored Links :